Weber Packaging Solutions' own Greenwise Program is an effort to challenge professionals in the packaging industry to become more observant, knowledgeable and committed towards greater environmental stewardship.
To that end, we offer a number of sustainable label products, including renewable films and papers, 100 percent post consumer waste papers, dissolvable and repulpable papers, soy-based inks, and more.
• Renewable Films – Polylactic acid (PLA) film label materials produced with corn-based products
• Renewable Papers – "Tree-free" label materials, made from bamboo, bagasse (sugar cane) and cotton linens
• 100% Post-Consumer Waste Papers – Label papers derived entirely from waste paper products
• Dissolvable Paper – Paper label material that dissolves in water in just seconds and is biodegradable
• Repulpable Paper – Paper that can be repulped along with corrugated into new paper label stock or board
• Recycled Content Tags – Paper tag material containing a percentage of recycled content
• Soy-based Inks – Inks that are entirely natural and eco-friendly, derived from a renewable source, for your preprinted label needs
Weber also has implemented green initiatives in our daily manufacturing processes and building maintenance.
• Label press waste now compacted and recycled into fuel pellets to eliminate 3,000,000 lbs. of landfill annually (example at right)
• Visitor badges printed with soy based inks on natural kraft (non bleached) paper
• Additional UV ink stations, eradicating catalyzed ink from our operation
• A cessation of herbicides on our grounds
• A direct-to-plate pre-press system to reduce chemical usage and eliminate film negatives
• New lighting systems that reduce airborne pollutants
• A digital printing operation that dramatically reduces set-up scrap over conventional printing
We believe that what is good for business can be better for the environment. We do not believe that being green has to cost more; no packaging professional should accept that. Here at Weber, we pledge to strive to develop products and process that improve our environment and our bottom line.